Grotto Network is a digital media platform based at the University of Notre Dame that accompanies young adults as they navigate life, make an impact, and keep the faith.
Grotto’s Social Media Program Manager (SMPM) will take responsibility for Grotto Network’s social media platforms to share content and build community, using Grotto’s digital accompaniment strategy. The Social Media Program Manager will also take an advisory role with ministry partners as they use pre-evangelization content and best practices to widen their digital networks.
SMPM will draft and publish copy across all social platforms, and engage in social conversations beneficial to Grotto’s strategy and brand. SMPM will monitor current events for moments to respond to with social engagement.
SMPM will work closely with Grotto’s Senior Editor, Web Content Strategist, Graphic Designer, and Production Manager to ensure timely publication of social, video, and editorial content to various platforms. SMPM will assist with story idea generation and writing, and work with Grotto team to brainstorm and create social and website content. SMPM will also help develop and execute social media campaigns, and work with influencers to widen reach.
SMPM will gather best practices, new trends, and effective strategies for social media engagement by Grotto and ministry partners. SMPM will also track important metrics for Grotto’s platforms and help ministry partners measure and expand their impact.
Candidate must have proven experience in creating meaningful and high-quality social content, including writing articles. Must have strong knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and platforms. Must be a self-starter who can own a project from start to finish and track details for simultaneous tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years experience managing organizational social media platforms and reporting on important metrics
- Knowledge and familiarity with the traditions and practices of the Catholic Church
- Enthusiasm and ability to meet deadlines, creative and strategic thinking, strong organizational and communications skills, and a collaborative style and the ability to work effectively within a diverse population
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Familiarity working with Google online products (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets) is a plus.