This week’s recipe is as versatile as it gets — because you really can’t go wrong when it comes to nachos. Make them for lunch or dinner, and add whatever toppings you have! This recipe is a great way to pack in a lot of veggies and even some vegan “meat” if you want. However you dress them up, you’ll have a delicious meatless meal to enjoy.
As we dive into Holy Week and prepare to mark Jesus’ crucifixion on Good Friday together, this simple meal will allow you to preserve the reverence of the day without too much hassle.
Here’s how one of our team members makes these nachos. Add as much or as little of each of these ingredients as you like, or depending on how many you’re cooking for! A tip from our team member about this recipe: don’t skimp on the seasoning!
- Onion, diced
- Banana peppers, diced
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Beefless ground
- Round tortilla chips
- Tony’s Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Taco seasoning
- Add olive oil to a pan and warm on medium heat.
- Add diced onions and saute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add beefless ground.
- Add salt and pepper, cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and taco seasoning to taste.
- Add ½ to 1 cup of water (depending on how much beefless ground you’re cooking) mixed with a little jalapeno juice.
- Mix together a pinch of vegan cheese.
- Mix together for another 3-5 minutes.
- Layer “meat” mixture on top of tortilla chips, add the rest of the veggie toppings, and enjoy!